What does it do?
Cinedeck insert editing gives you direct access to the video and audio essence in your flat deliverable files, allowing content to be accurately replaced based on timecode in and out points, pretty much just like working on tape.
INSERT-EDIT AT LIGHTSPEED
…well, the speed of your processors, bus and drives which, in any case is significantly faster than real-time!
How will it help me?
Now, ‘at best’ you edit a program with your non-linear system, export the program to a flat file (generally real-time or slower), QC the file (real-time or slower), find and fix an issue and repeat the entire process. Insert-Edit directly fixes files, saving hours, sleep, hair and $$$ every day.
How does it work?
Open a source file in the player and a target file on the record side.
- Set edit points for a three point edit.
- Select the appropriate video and or audio source and destination channels.
- Trigger insert to fill in the selected area.
USE ON FILES FROM ANYWHERE
Cinedeck Insert-Edit can be used on files created anywhere for supported codecs and wrappers – no limitations or “gotchas”.
Which file types?
Cinedeck Insert Edit currently supports ProRes, DNxHD, AVC-Intra, XDCAM HD and J2K in MOV (quicktime), MXF Op1a, or MXF OpAtom wrappers. Files to be edited can be from anywhere, they do not need to be Cinedeck generated.
MULTIPLE INSERTS TO A FILE
You can insert-edit to your file as many times as you want or need. There’s no degradation to a file as there would be on tape.
More cool stuff?
- Insert up to 32 channels of audio in your file.
- Insert-Edit simply changes some audio or video frames so the file after inserting is compatible as before.
- In later releases, cineXinsert will support file transcoding, consolidating and repair for purchase as separate plugins.