Release: December 01, 2017 – Version 1.8.17
All cineXtools licenses 1.8xx and above only work with the iLok License Manager 4.3xx.
If you are getting the following error message “cineXtools has stopped working”, please update your iLok License Manager.
If you are getting started with a trial license, please download the +XDCAM & AVC version
Activating your license and installing (note: an iLok dongle is not required but can be used):
- Download and install iLok License Manager and sign into your account.
- Under the “Available” tab, you should see the new license.
- Right-click on the license and activate to your system or drag & drop
- Install cineXtools and open the application.
- If you’re planning on installing on a PC, you may need a Windows OS update. (Instructions here)
- Quickstart Guide (ver.1.8x)
- Video Tutorials (highly recommended to get a general understanding of how the app works)
Notes for Insert Editing to ProRes files:
- Premiere: A free Cinedeck created plugin for OS X is available. See below to get it.
- AutoDesk Has released their latest versions that include CBR encoding.
- Avid MC: A free Cinedeck created AMA plugin for OS X is available. See below to get it.
- Resolve: Has released their latest version that includes CBR encoding. (Resolve 14)
Free Adobe and Avid plugins are available here: http://cinextools.com/prores-workflow-plugins/
More info about ProRes and why we need to work on CBR Pro Res.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact; firstname.lastname@example.org.
AS11-DPP restripe fixed
Auto-correct bad DPP data exported from NLE
Big-Endian bug fixed
Avid Colorspace Conversion V216 to RGB8 supported
XAVC Quality detection fixed
AVCI 50 playback fixed
CLOSED CAPTION MODULE NOW AVAILABLE
cineXtools ver.1.8.17 introduced the Closed Captions Modul.
PREVIEW YOUR INSERTS
With cineXtools ver. 1.7, preview your inserts before committing the change. Whether it’s video, audio or closed captions, being able to preview your inserts means you can be sure of the correction before making a change. Set a pre-roll so you can view the transition for your inserts, too!
CLOSED CAPTION DISPLAY
Toggle the closed caption display on and off when you’re reviewing your file for insert. Also, selectable is the service and type you’d like displayed. Closed caption display is supported for all closed caption services for 608 and 708 captions.
WORKFLOW IMPROVEMENTS FOR AS11-DPP &XDCAM.MOV
i) AS11-DPP: Export any AVC-I file from your NLE of choice and use cineXtools to rewrap your AVC-I file to a AS11-DPP compliant file. Then, used cineXtools’ AS11-DPP editor to fill in the requisite metadata or import an XML to automatically populate the necessary metadata fields.
ii) XDCAM.mov: Use cineXtools to master your XDCAM.mov deliverables by using the cineXtools’ tape creator. Export entire shows in the file/wrapper combination that’s the fastest to export from your NLE; this file will be used as your insert source. Then, create a blacked file of XDCAM.mov with cineXtools, setting the number of audio channels, track layout, etc.. as specified by your deliverable; the “blacked file” will be your target. Next, set in/out points for the entire sequence and encode your XDCAM.mov deliverable.
REALTIME 4K60P XAVC PLAYBACK & SCRUBBING
We’ve optimized XAVC 4K 60p playback and scrubbing for cineXtools. If you’re working with XAVC for insert-edit, you can expect smooth playback and responsive scrubbing for 4K 60p XAVC files in cineXtools.