Release: April 25, 2018 – Version 1.8.61
All cineXtools licenses 1.8xx and above only work with the iLok License Manager 4.XX.
If you are getting the following error message “cineXtools has stopped working”, please update your iLok License Manager.
If you are getting started with a trial license, please download the +XDCAM & AVC version
Activating your license and installing (note: an iLok dongle is not required but can be used):
- Download and install iLok License Manager and sign into your account.
- Under the “Available” tab, you should see the new license.
- Right-click on the license and activate to your system or drag & drop
- Install cineXtools and open the application.
- If you’re planning on installing on a PC, you may need a Windows OS update. (Instructions here)
- Quickstart Guide (ver.1.8x)
- Video Tutorials (highly recommended to get a general understanding of how the app works)
Notes for Insert Editing to ProRes files:
- Premiere: A free Cinedeck created plugin for OS X is available. See below to get it.
- AutoDesk Has released their latest versions that include CBR encoding.
- Avid MC: A free Cinedeck created AMA plugin for OS X is available. See below to get it.
- Resolve: Has released their latest version that includes CBR encoding. (Resolve 14)
Free Adobe and Avid plugins are available here: http://cinextools.com/prores-workflow-plugins/
More info about ProRes and why we need to work on CBR Pro Res.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact; email@example.com.